Saturday, February 5, 2011

What is it that you wish women knew? You can respond from the stand point of what you wish they knew about men, about themselves, or however you desire. I'm just interested in your response.

I wish women knew the intent and inherent power of their own God ordained value, purpose, and position. I know that sounds sexist and in a way it is. If we Christians are to believe that the God of the Bible is indeed the author of marriage then we simply cannot ignore the sexist nature and DNA of marriage. It baffles me how we can pray to God for a godly man or woman, but then refuse to live in a marriage modeled after the Bible’s blueprint for marriage.

I know it’s easy for me to say because I’m a man, but “submission” is not a curse word. As I have experienced in my own marriage it takes a very strong, faith filled woman to submit not only to her husband but to God’s ordained model for the marriage. Why do women think this is such a terrible thing? It would seem to me either they trust God or they do not. Submission is much less about trusting the “man” than it is about trusting God. Bottom line, if a woman can’t trust/submit to the man she’s with, it’s because one, or both, of them have chosen not follow God's design. They're going to do it their own way.

Funning thing is, God's way is like the turtoise that wins the race. It doesn't always make sense in the beginning. It doesn't always seem to be working. Sometimes things are tough and seem to be falling apart. I think that's by design. I think there's a period in every successful marriage where the two have to learn to lean not on their own understanding and commit to doing things God's way.

The Bible teaches a very unique paradigm that applies in all facets of life. The Bible teaches that to gain our lives we must lose them and to be the greatest, we must be the least of all. This paradoxical spiritual truth also extends to marriage. For a woman to assume the place in a marriage she desires and receive the respect she most certainly know she deserves, she must be willing to submit to God’s design for a marriage, her role/position as a wife, and to her husband’s leadership in a marriage. Anything less and we’re just playing house the non-Christian way.

I know that’s not popular… But I challenge every woman to find a wife that has a happy 20, 30, 40+ year marriage and study her position/posture in the marriage. Almost infallibly she has assumed and submitted to the position of servant to all, including her husband, but is also simultaneously the strongest, most influential, and most respected person in that family. That is God’s way. That is God’s model for the wife in a marriage. A "woman" demands it... A godly "wife" submits to it.

But I digress, maybe women already know all this… Maybe they just don’t like it. Maybe, they’ve decided to do marriage their own way… But if so? If a woman refuses to do it God’s way? Why get married at all? I really wish women knew the intent and inherent power of their own God ordained value, purpose, and position; because that is where their true power resides.

Ask me anything... Personal, Spiritual, Professional, etc...

No comments:

Post a Comment